Whole School Communication
Black Forest Primary School offers a range of methods to communicate information with the school community.
- Our Facebook page is regularly updated with news and events
- Fortnightly newsletters provide detailed information about classroom learning and activities
- Assemblies are held fortnightly on Fridays from 11.30am-12.00pm and celebrate student learning
- Whole school communications are also regularly distributed via email.
Your child’s classroom teacher will regularly communicate with you regarding your child’s learning and development, including through the following methods:
- Acquaintance Night is held in Week 3, Term 1 every year to provide an overview of class expectations and processes to parents and caregivers
- Formal written reports are issued at the end of Term 2 and 4 every year
- Parent-teacher interviews are held to discuss student development in Term 2
- Classroom teachers will distribute a Class Newsletter in Week 1, Term 1 introducing themselves and providing an overview of the class expectations and processes.
- Classroom teachers will also distribute a Class Overview by Week 3 of each term providing more detail regarding learning intentions for that term.
- All staff are available to be contacted by phone or email and will endeavour to acknowledge inquiries within two working days.
Communication is fundamental to good relationships, and Black Forest works to ensure consistency, clarity and convenience in our communication with parents and families. If you have questions about your child’s learning or the classroom program, we encourage you to contact your child’s classroom teacher in the first instance to arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss your concerns.