At Black Forest Primary School we believe that early childhood is a vital period in children’s learning and development. We believe that children’s learning is dynamic, complex and holistic. Physical, social, emotional, personal, spiritual, creative, cognitive and linguistic aspects of learning are all intricately interwoven and interrelated. Our approach to Early Childhood learning provides a context that:
- allows for the expression of personality and uniqueness
- enhances dispositions such as curiosity and creativity
- enables children to make connections between prior experiences and new learning
- assists children to develop relationships and concepts
- supports a sense of wellbeing.