Volunteering at Black Forest
We welcome the involvement of parents and caregivers at Black Forest Primary School.
There are a number of volunteering roles and opportunities available in the classroom, in school governance or in supporting school programs and services. These include:
- Assistance with supervision of class excursions and special activities
- Regular support with listening to reading or other learning activities
- Coaching or coordinating school sports
- Volunteering on the Governing Council or other committees
- Assisting with the school canteen
- Helping with the maintenance of the school garden.
** All Volunteers need an up-to-date Working With Children Check (WWCC) and undertaken Volunteers “Responding to Risk of Harm, Abuse and Neglect” (RRHAN-EC) Training before being able to volunteer as per Department for Education Guidelines. We will start the process in obtaining a WWCC for you by clicking on the link on the right and filling in the form, then you need to finish off the process after receiving an email from DHS. The RRHAN-EC training can be done at any time!
Please speak to your child’s classroom teacher, or contact the Front Office and our staff will be happy to assist in finding an opportunity that’s right for you!
**Please note, currently due to COVID-19 we are not accepting volunteers- please check in with the office regularly, as we are hoping this will change very soon!!!